BMW is always at the forefront of cutting-edge driving technologies, especially when it comes to changing the way we drive. With its latest innovation, the BMW Digital Key, you get the power to control all of your vehicle’s most important functions right from your smartphone. The Digital Key makes your commute easier than ever, thanks to its wide array of features you can access at just the touch of a button. Take a look below at some of the features you can use, as well as how to use them.
BMW Digital Key Features
- Lock & Unlock Your BMW: With the BMW Digital key, you can remotely lock and unlock your vehicle directly from the app or by just tapping your phone by the door.
- Start Your Engine: You can either start it directly from the app for remote starting, or you can place your phone on the phone pad to prompt the ‘push to start’ button instead of using your physical keyfob.
- Share Your Digital Key: You can also give your family members the same amount of access to your BMW vehicle by sending them the Digital Key via their Connected App username.
Things You’ll Need for the BMW Digital Key
- BMW Comfort Access (Option code 322) and iDrive 7.0 or above.
- An NFC-capable smartphone (most smartphones are equipped with this. If not, you can use the included BMW Key Card as the Digital Key).
- The BMW Connected App.
How to Activate Your BMW Digital Key
- Log into your BMW Connected App, using your ConnectedDrive account.
- Select the Digital Key icon within the BMW Connected App menu from your smartphone and follow the onscreen prompts to install the BMW Digital Key to your device.
- Enter your BMW model, along with the physical key, with your smartphone.
- Place your smartphone in the wireless charging tray inside your BMW model and select “BMW Digital Key” via the iDrive screen by following the sequence:
- Home >Car >Settings >Doors/Access >BMW Digital Key
- Follow and complete your preferences for the on-screen prompts, then you’re finished setting up your BMW Digital Key on your smartphone!