Having the latest technology has become a necessity for giving you the best driving experience possible. One of these necessities comes in the form of the lightning-quick Bluetooth connectivity between your smartphone and your BMW. While some of our more experienced BMW drivers already have a handle on this well-established technology in our vehicles, others may be introduced to it for the first time after years of driving an older car. That’s why we at Edmonton BMW made this simple, straightforward guide for you to set-up the Bluetooth connection between your smartphone and your BMW model.
The Benefits of Connecting Your Phone Through Bluetooth
- Music streaming: Listen to all the music saved on your phone by just hitting play, and letting the sounds of your favourite artists populate your BMW’s premium audio system.
- Synced contacts: Once you’ve successfully paired your phone to your car, you’ll get a prompt asking you to sync your phone contacts to your BMW. This works especially well if you want to access your phone while driving.
- Phone calls: Speaking of which, having your phone connected via Bluetooth lets you make and answer phone calls hands-free, allowing you to focus on the road.
- Fewer distractions: The most important benefit of using Bluetooth for your car, you’ll find yourself more focused while driving and less inclined to use your phone. This will help prevent any potential accidents or collisions caused by distracted driving.
Our Step-By-Step Guide
- On your BMW system, navigate to the “Settings” menu. Select the “Connections” tab, followed by the “Bluetooth” option.
- Click “Add Device” on your BMW’s display.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone
- Select the vehicle with the corresponding number on your smartphone.
- Select your smartphone device on your BMW’s control display and check if the subsequent number is shown on your display.
- Enter the six-digit code prompted on your BMW display to your smartphone.
- For the best experience, allow for your contacts to sync to your system.
- You’re finished and free to enjoy all the Bluetooth features mentioned above.
If you have any other questions or are running into some troubleshooting problems with connecting your phone to your BMW, make sure to contact our Roper Road dealership for any help!